Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!

I keep hearing friends wishing each other a Happy Independence Day, I am not sure what day they are talking about.   All my life I have been convinced that they shot off fireworks on July 4th because it was my mothers birthday!

Happy Birthday Mom!!

The Mother of Boys.

"Handprint on cupboard and shoes in the hall.  
Toilet seat's up and there's mud on the wall.

Every sports channel to them will appeal, 
and the front room doubles as a football field.

The shelves in the kitchen are continuously bare.
There's toys on the couch and jeans on the chair.

Wrestling and mud and cars and noise;
I'm sure you can guess, I'm the MOTHER of BOYS!"

Patsy Gaut

My mom is always a sucker for a good quote or poem, or a treasured and timeless story.  She helped to instill us with compassion and caring and a joyous sense of humour.  She is a tireless worker and silent worrier.  She would sit up late at night waiting for us to get home under the guise of reading a good book kiss us goodnight and shuffle off to bed.  She is our nurse, or therapist, and our shoulder to lay our heads on when we were sad or too tired to hold it up ourselves anymore.  Much of what we boys became in life is because of her.  

Enjoy your fireworks today Mom!  

Love 
The oldest one.  








No comments:

Post a Comment